Thursday, July 2, 2009

Budget

We have decided that this movie is too important to do without some sort of financing.

Last week, we had a small read-through with some of the major players, and they were very impressed with the script and concept. One declared that we just couldn't make this movie without some money - saying it deserved much more.

Of course, I agreed with her, but I never thought it possible. Her pep talk, however, was all it took to get me motivated.

I have now downloaded a budget template, and I'm working on coming up with a realistic budget that we can present to financiers and others interested in helping us raise money.

I'm optimistic. Shooting in HD-DV will lower the costs. We could never afford film and all the processing necessary for editing and distribution. We own a great deal of the equipment (lights, jibs, dollies, and camera and lenses). We will only shoot in free locations. We don't need to rent studio or office space. Some of our actors are free - other will just have to be cheap. There is no doubt in my mind that we can do this for an unheard of minimal amount of money - however, money will be needed. That's why we are looking into financing.

Shooting has been postponed just a bit, while we search for money. We are shooting for Spring. I get two weeks off - and could feasibly take off a week without pay to get this done.

Updates on fundraisers coming soon - hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment